Ships start out with 1 AP and have to be set afloat, which is done by moving them onto a water tile. When moving on land, ships spend 1 AP on traversing any terrain, including woods and mountains. Once a ship is afloat, moving across water tiles will cost it 0.25 AP.
It takes ships two days to fully regenerate their HP. Ships cannot be blocked. They will retaliate to ranged attacks even if there is an enemy ship adjacent to them.
Ships tend to be particularly efficient against specific types of ships.
- Frigates deal 130% damage to Fire Ships.
- Galleons deal 20% damage to Fire Ships and 130% damage to Frigates.
- Fire Ships deal 70% damage to Frigates.
- Submarines deal 550% damage to Battleships and 50% to Transports.
- Cogs deal 500% damage to Battleships.