Our life is not perfect. There may be tension and also too much workload at office. But a leaking pipe, a non functioning microwave or a malfunctioning washing machine can make life difficult even at our sweet home. On top of that if you have a car that needs repair, then it means more trouble. After all, a vehicle is your second most important and prized asset after your home and it deserves professional care, repair and servicing.
Need for a mechanic
Mechanics are just as indispensable to us as electricians and plumbers are. Life would rather come to a standstill without them. Just imagine if there was nobody to repair and service our vehicles! Thanks to them, today we are able to reach office on time, come back home safe from late night parties and travel quickly in emergency situations. If you think that the term mechanic is only related to cars and private vehicles, then you are wrong here. A mechanic can specialize in a particular type of vehicle or can handle more than one type of vehicle, bottom line is, there are types of mechanics and it depends on the type of vehicle in question. Mechanics can also be grouped according to the type of service they provide, let us take a look:
Types of Mechanics – Depending on the Vehicle Type
- Auto Mechanics – This term refers to professionals who are capable of handling vehicles of several makes and types or just a single make or type. They mostly repair private cars and small vehicles and are experts at quick diagnosis of the actual problem. They can specialize in any particular area of a vehicle. Repair and maintenance are their main areas of work. Preventive maintenance is also one of the basic requirements of an auto mechanic’s job.
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanics – As the name suggests, these professionals are experts in repairing and servicing of trucks, Lorries and other heavy vehicles.
- Motorcycle Mechanics – They deal with two-wheeler, mostly motorbikes and motorcycles.
- Diesel Mechanics – They are experts at handling vehicles that run on diesel, like buses, cars, railroad locomotives, trucks, etc.
- Aircraft Mechanics – They are professionals who repair and service passenger planes, private jets, helicopters, etc. They are mainly responsible for ascertaining safe functioning of the aircraft on flight.
Types of Mechanics – Depending on the Type of Service Provided
- Front End Mechanics – They are highly trained in special alignment and wheel balancing of the vehicle. They check the steering, suspension system and the wheels.
- Engine Technicians – As the name suggests, they handle any kind of problems related to engines, ignition, fuel, emission and electrical systems.
- Transmission Mechanics – Highly trained in computer controls, they are expert repairers of hydraulic pumps and identify issues related to them. They are efficient in maintaining gear trains, couplings and various other parts involved in the transmission system.
- Brake Mechanics – They handle every single problem related to brakes.
Tips to Choose the Best Mechanic
- Look for a mechanic who is well experienced in this field and ensures in solving the related problem.
- If you are not satisfied with your mechanic and looking for a new one, then asking friends, neighbors and colleagues will be a good option.
- Always trust the mechanic with a good reputation. After all it is hard work that earns you a good name.
So, if your vehicle is in need of any repair or servicing, don’t ignore it, get in touch with the best mechanic of your locality today.