When prospective clients look for lawyer, most of them start with placing queries across the major search engines’ search bars. Hence, like other businesses around, you should have an online presence to capture leads from various segments (mobile, desktop etc.) SEO is an ongoing process, where you could convert online searchers into perspective clients. Find some tips on digital marketing for law firms to optimise your presence online-
- Target local keywords:
Digital marketing for legal sector is highly competitive. If you really want to establish your firm as a brand and want to market to your immediate location, set your strategies accordingly. Remember, you are not going to come in and start ranking overnight for queries like “law firm SEO services London”. You should start thinking in terms of years, if you are trying to rank such high in today’s competitive market. According to some experts, it is all about capturing traffic in your city. Although, apart from your city, target regions that are more competitive as a part of your long-term plan.
- Google places and other local directories for you local presence:
Next step comes with securing presence in Google places and other local directories. Local listing on Google places would allow your firm to appear more prominent on SERP and that is within Google Maps and Local carousel. Getting into maps could be the main source of traffic by optimising it with keywords.
- Silo by practice areas: It is important for law firms to silo their sites according to practice areas. Whilst performing SEO, Silo refers to site’s directory structure. This is where you may need lots of content for your practice areas. People looking for attorneys or law firms do research putting some general search queries. Based on content and keywords relevant to queries, your site may appear before the searchers. Siloing may differ for each law service provider and it may go like this-
- Criminal Attorneys:
- Grand Theft
- Petty Theft
- Family law Attorneys:
- Child custody
- Child support
- Personal injury attorneys:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Bicycle accidents
- Car accidents
Here you can see criminal attorneys, family law attorneys and personal injury attorneys are main pages of a website and options with bullets are subpages in site’s directory structure.
- Improve user experience:
Lawyer SEO marketing drive more traffic to your business but it is not the end where you suppose to stop! Your focus should be converting your site visitors into clients and it would not happen unless your site is professional, impressive and informative. In order to achieve so, you have to analyse your website structure and content to engage and convince the visitors. Your website should be responsive enough that people can view irrespective of device configuration.
You could take help of social media sites to build one-to-one real time interaction with clients or you could engage them by writing blog on current issues buzzing around. A good online marketing can do wonders for your practice, but your focus should be on building trust and expertise for various needs. Make sure that your website speaks to visitors and compels them to contact you.
You find this article by searches related to following terms:
- Law Firm Marketing
- Law Firm Marketing trends
- Law Firm Marketing trends 2017
- law firm marketing ideas
- small law firm marketing
- what is legal marketing
- marketing law firms trends
- how to get new clients for law firm
- attorney marketing
- law firm marketing plan
- law firm marketing jobs