Pregnancy test is needed to ensure if a woman has conceived or not. After getting pregnant, the blood & urine of the woman infused with a pregnancy hormone also known as human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). This hCG is detected by the test & thus pregnancy confirms. The length of pregnancy can also be detected as the amount of hormone is directly proportional to the length of pregnancy. The egg is fertilized by a sperm cell in a fallopian tube. After six-nine days the egg & sperm merge as the egg moves down the fallopian tube into the uterus & implants to the wall of the uterus. This phenomenon produces hCG in the female body. Let us know some types of pregnancy tests available.
Generally there are three widely used tests to detect pregnancy. Those are:
- Urine or home pregnancy test– All home pregnancy tests come in easy-to-use kits. One should follow the instructions carefully & check the expiry before giving it a try. This is performed by collecting the first urine in the morning. The test strip should be dipped for seconds. After waiting for 1-3 minutes one may get the result. If the result is negative the test should be done after few days if period or menstruation discontinues. And if its positive or a faint line came then there is a high possibility of being pregnant. Some pregnancy test kits which are available in market are clear view, pregcolor card, pregtest card, velocity easy, prega news, acutest by cadila, & many more. This test is mostly tried & popular as it is easy to use, convenient, accurate & inexpensive.
- Blood or Serum test– Another efficient performance given by blood test. After doing urine test a woman should confirm pregnancy through blood pregnancy test as it eliminates all possible doubts due to it’s accuracy & precise results. Doctors take blood sample & confirms from lab about the result. Two types of blood tests are available as-
- Quantitative blood test– It is also known as hCG. With confirming the pregnancy result it also tells the length of it. It also detects if any abnormality or problem resides.
- Qualitative blood test– This differs from the former by only confirming the result. Doctors recommend this to be done as early as possible after a missed period.
- Digital or Clinical urine pregnancy test– Latest advancements in the home pregnancy test equipment gift us with the digital pregnancy test strips. It is the same process, as by detecting the hormone in the urine it clearly says “Pregnant” or “Not pregnant”. Thus no confusion creates as the first one. It also can be done at doctor’s clinic. As the help of a professional eliminates any confusion and bring accuracy. If one meets with confusion trying once, she can try it at least one hour later of the first test. Clearblue digital pregnancy test is an example of such instrument available in the market.